Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Time to Vote!

It's that time of year again! Time to cast your ballot in the Annual Weasel Awards on Dilbert.com. Plenty of good choices available to please just about anyone. I do object to the uncomplimentary light this casts on weasels, however. I mean, do they really deserve to be compared to Karl Rove or a Tobacco Executive?

Oh yeah, and early voting has begun in Texas, and I hope that Proposition 2, where they are trying to "save marriage" by amending the Texas Constitution, goes down in flames. The KKK is planning a pro Prop 2 rally, so that's gotta help our cause, right? I mean, are they really the people you want to be in sync with? Oh!! I hope they show up in those adorable pointy sheets! Casual Soapbox has been covering this topic very well. There is actually a glimmer of hope that this might not pass statewide... I said "a glimmer". Austin is not going for it, that's a duh... but then Austin is just a teensy bit different from the rest of the state in certain ways. Just a teensy bit.

- - - -

3 comments:

Abram said...

Thanks for the link! I've got a glimmer of hope myself. The Proposition 2 supporters seem so disorganized, and the opponents so motivated. I just hope I'm not jinxing it by saying it aloud.

Blueberry said...

Even if it doesn't pass, we are still a long way off the mark, but it will be one less obstacle in the way of eventually changing the laws. Someday people will look back and think about how barbaric it was not to let certain people marry each other for such a silly reason. Wish people would just come to their senses now and speed things up a bit.

PJD said...

Do not be fooled into complacency though folks. We have got to tell this dolts we are tired of them trying to think for us when they cannot even think for themselves. Don't forget to Vote. It is NOT over yet.