Thursday, November 29, 2007

robertplantalisonkrauss.com

robertplantalisonkrauss.com

Well, there's a URL I'll bet none of us thought we'd ever see! I've really been enjoying this best-selling album, and that's another rarity. I love them both separately, but when they go together it really leaps out of the box -- and when it doesn't leap, it just purrs.

I'm pretty fussy about celebrity duets. Sometimes I think they are painful to hear, even if I really like both people (I won't mention any names, that always riles people up and makes them want to fling me a lighted poop bomb) but it's more like their voices are battling each other for dominance -- and that's not harmony. Like fighting cats, it makes me want to separate them. This pairing is sooo not like that. If you haven't already heard it playing in all the stores you visit, have more of a listen at these Raising Sand links:
Official website
MySpace

Tags: - -

3 comments:

Friðvin said...

I've been hearing this a lot on KGSR and I like it!

Anonymous said...

ooooooh! Thank you so much. I'm always a step behind.

I love both of these artists and together, you are right, they are phenomenal.

I also love seeing Plant get older. It helps my aging ego to see the heros I once drooled over get older and yet, BETTER.

Cynthia
beweaver.livejournal.com

Mando Mama said...

I have been hearing in most unlikely places what a great recording this is, and so it is inevitably to become a part of my collection. I'm not even all that crazy about Alison Krauss' voice (I await the aforementioned poop bomb) but she is such a wonderful fiddler and a smart, funny person that I put up with the damn-near-country singing. Looking forward to hearing this soon.

Cheers,
MM