Sunday, August 07, 2005

My compass went south

I noticed a link to the Political Compass on Seabrook's site, but his link didn't work for me so I found one that did work. I remember taking this quiz several times in the past, years ago in fact, and now my score seems to have changed.
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92

That's real close to where they have placed the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela, but directly opposite to the placement of most of the world's leaders (like I would be close to Duh-bya on anything!!)

I've always scored over there on the left, but my Libertarian/Authoritarian value has moved way way down. It used to be just a hair on the positive side. I really don't think I'm that Libertarian. The only explanation I can think of is that all the post-9/11 strengthening of Fascism has driven me in the other direction. It's also possible that the quiz doesn't measure things very correctly. hmmmmm.....

No comments: