Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The results are in...

...and Bush, the White House and the USA (including Iraq) are the big winners in Dilbert's Weasel Poll, with the teaching of Intelligent Design being the Weasliest behavior. I still say this is all terribly unfair to weasels.

In other Weasel News, Prop 2 passed in Texas by an amazing 77%. At least I can hold my head up as an Austinite, where the vote was 60% AGAINST. It feels a little like when I lived in a liberal college town in 1972 where George McGovern got about 60% of the Presidential vote. (I'd still vote for him... but hey... his Presidency probably wouldn't have been as interesting as Nixon's turned out to be. Interesting is usually not good). Living in an oasis like that can lull a person into believing that things are better than they are, that people are more enlightened, open-minded, understanding, and kind-hearted. I was naive back then. These days, I've got the binoculars handy.

- - - - -

4 comments:

Sprittibee said...

Glad to see the signs were out in Austin. :) I love it there, too. I would have cancelled your vote out if I had been living there, though. Even people who don't see eye to eye can be easy going and nice. We can agree to disagree.

So what do you think about the illegal immigrant situation they were discussing on CNN last night? So sad about the Garcia girl.

Blueberry said...

Afraid I didn't watch CNN last night, and don't watch it regularly (or any other televised newsfeed).

PJD said...

I call it social bigotry. Just one more way to try to force opinions down other people's thraots. Ironic to me that I have many gay friends who have been togeter as couples longer than ANY straight couple I have known since my grandparents. but marriage is all about sex, not love after all....

Blueberry said...

Yeah, the so-called family values crowd pushes the issue like if you're not making babies you have no reason to couple up... which leaves me SOL I guess, since I never wanted kids and never had any. Now there's a thought... not everyone should have children and all children should be wanted. hmmm.

I've always had as many gay friends as straight ones, and so did my mother. The only time someone's sexual preference matters to me is if I'm going to be in a sexual relationship with the person. Otherwise, it affects me not one iota.