Monday, April 24, 2006

As American as a tofu dog.

You Are 46% American

America: You don't love it or want to leave it.
But you wouldn't mind giving it an extreme make over. (EDIT: I wouldn't mind giving it a Queer Eye makeover)
On the 4th of July, you'll fly a freak flag instead...
And give Uncle Sam a sucker punch!


46%. Sounds fair if they are measuring patriotism, actually it might be less, I am definitely don't support it "right or wrong" [good grief! how dumb is that?]. I'm pretty darned American. I was born on an Air Force base in this country, my dad was a lifer. When I lived overseas as a teenager, I would get offended when people put down America, but that was a long time ago. I was very naive and frankly it didn't happen that often, plus it was before VietNam was being protested en masse. It was after the Kennedy assassination but before I was exposed to any conspiracy theories about it that involved people in our own government. Still naive. Since I grew up, I have thought that America was headed down the wrong path, and will eventually self-destruct as an Empire. I'm afraid I am going to witness it. It's very sad.

There really isn't another country where I'd want to live. I love Austin. I'd love to visit the UK, Ireland, but that's about it. I travelled so much as a kid, I think I just about had enough of it. Ramblin' Fever can wear off. I think... and besides, I don't really think the grass is greener somewhere else.

No comments: