Thursday, September 06, 2007

Burning and burning out

I saw this article today on how getting up early is actually BAD for your heart. Well, sounds plausible to me, and all I can say is "NOW they tell me". I get up at 5 AM every weekday and not much later than that on the weekend (with the noisy cats), and of course, go to bed too late. The lack of sleep does wear me down, but it's my work schedule that I need to try revise in the future. The whole work/life cycle of balance is still evolving, not sure into what yet. This September is just pretty hoppin' busy, and that's why I haven't been posting so much. I'm trying to make deadlines and still go out and do fun stuff in the evenings on weekends while working every day. Friday and Saturday night, there will be shows to go to if I'm feeling less rundown than I do right now. Sleep should help. Sleeeeeeeeeep.

1 comment:

Mando Mama said...

Great...just what you needed to hear. Last week a friend sent me an article about how different the symptoms of a heart attack are in women from men. Scared the crap out of me.

I'd like to know more about the study. In addition to the lack of sleep that puts stress on the heart, my guess would be that early risers over all have a more stressful life -- or overpacked, thus the reason for the early wakeup. You could have told 'em that. And gotten the money for the study, damn it.

Hoping it all balances out soon.
Ohhmmm,
MM