Monday, June 16, 2008

They might want to reconsider attacking Michelle Obama

While the wingnuts are scrounging for everything they can find that can be twisted or spun, or just making stuff up (like the "whitey" comment), they might want to reconsider opening that particular can of worms that says "Candidate Spouses" on it. This graphic comes from 23/6 [read the source post here]

Found via This Modern World. Yes, it's true (what it says in the graphic).

OK, let's back up a little. Cindy is McCain's second wife. He and his first wife divorced after his extramarital affair with Cindy surfaced and he married Cindy soon afterward. She tells Jay Leno in this video [sorry, but video was deleted] how they both lied to each other about their ages (and the truth was only discovered when it was published in the paper after the wedding) and how she lied to him, telling him she was afraid to fly, yada yada, when she was actually getting her pilot's license. She also tells Leno about hiding her addiction to pain killers from him. That's just part of the story though.

Here is Salon's article on Cindy's drugs, her drug theft, and the other shady deeds. A quick sum-up: She was addicted to drugs and stressed out by her husband's involvement in the Keating Five scandal. Her confession was thought by some to be a diversion for the news media to follow rather than the Keating mess, as she did it on the same day that the Keating records were made public. Her confession came after she was reported to the DEA (as a drug thief) by the director of the charity that she owned and founded. The McCain lawyer machine then tried to make him appear to be an extortionist, and they, the lawyer(s) are the ones who outed her in the media and prompted a teary scene that pulled the heartstrings.

Apparently even this heartstring-pulling, young trophy wife gets under McCain's skin sometimes, as when he decided it was OK to call her a c#nt in public. I think that McCain figures it's OK to say anything you like as long you're angry enough. Seems to be his style. This is a funny video about how that little episode seems to have rolled off him like a greased pig, and take note that the audio is totally not safe for work.

[found via AMERICABlog] ...and the recipe thefts... well, those are just too tacky to mention. ;-) Cindy McCain wiki John McCain wiki

8 comments:

DrDon said...

I'll have to watch the video at home (thanks for the warning). I have to say that I have mixed feelings about Cindy McCain. Well, maybe not too mixed. She's kinda creepy looking because of the plastic surgery and she always appears to be a bit, pardon me for being crass, bitchy. But that being said, she's kinda hot. Certainly she'd be the hottest first lady we have had in...forever. Plus, I think I could get her, well, if I knew her. I mean, John's all busy and old. You know that some of her *ahem* "needs" are going unattended. Looks like she'd be a demon in the sack, so to speak. And the addictive personality and concommitant lack of control suggests she's got that side to her personality that says "strap yourself in."

Then again, I might have this all wrong. She might just be a bit too much like a pod person to be at all interesting. It's almost like I expect her to have some second little set of teeth in her mouth that pop out and kill you like the things in the "Alien" movies.

Yeah, I think she's creepy. But standing next to John, she appears a little less so.

Blueberry said...

I could see where she might have kind of a "villainess" sex appeal for some, like a person who would played in a movie by Nicole Kidman. ;-)

Icy, secretive, wealthy, powerful.

Blueberry said...

Mrs. Coulter

DrDon said...

You almost had me going until you mentioned Ann Coulter. I'm not sure angry sex is my thing. Then again, Ann's not married, right? So that means, in accordance with her Christian beliefs, that she doesn't have sex.

Blueberry said...

DrDon, it's Mrs. Coulter from the Golden Compass.

...not that other icy scary nazi freak.

Check out the link. Doesn't it remind you of Cindy M?

DivaJood said...

Cindy McCain is just plain icky. But my question is this: how come the Republicans can Impeach Bill Clinton for not keeping his zipper zipped, but they nominate John McCain for President even though HE couldn't keep HIS zipper zipped?

Enquiring minds want to know.

enigma4ever said...

Drdon...you worrry me honey...she is kinda hot???ouch...she is scary...kind of a like a barbie with beer money and too much power..and she jokes about lying....creepy....

I like Michelle- I went to hear speak at a local uninversity- she is one of the most dynamic speakers I have ever seen, I was so moved by her..she is real and when she talks about her story, her life, her parents and her dad's battle with MS...anyways....

great post....
( when I worked ER on the west coast-late 80's and early 90's....that charity is one that we gave supplies too....kind of creeps me out, makes me wonder where things went...we switched to my AIDS hospice because there were so many communication problems with the Medical charity...

DrDon said...

Blue - Sorry, didn't see The Golden Compass or read the book so I didn't get the reference. When you mentioned icy villianess blonds and then mentioned Ms. Coulter, I naturally assumed it was Ann.

Enigma - LOL. Women will never understand the male mind. Just like we can't understand why you guys can be attracted to "bad boys" who treat you like crap, I can't explain why guys might find Cindy McCain kinda sexy. I'm not sayin' it makes any sense...