Sunday, September 06, 2009

Basterds

Inglourious Basterds
[IMDB]
No Spoilers

If you like Quentin Tarantino's stuff, I think you'll like this. Some people have actually complained that it's not violent enough for a QT movie. Really? And so what anyway? There's plenty of that, believe me, but the conversations are always the most important thing, and there will be payoff. There's humor too, mostly centered around or coming from Brad Pitt's character. I have to mention that his Southern accent is atrocious, and I believe deep-down that it must be intentionally so. That, in itself, adds humor. His heavy Southern-American accent added to his Italian completely reminded me of my mother when she tried to speak Greek. It was exactly like that.

I love Brad Pitt as a character actor. I don't have a crush on him like most people do (except when he played Achilles [pic] - that one leaves me weak)

Besides Pitt, big highlights are Mélanie Laurent as Shosanna Dreyfus and Christoph Waltz as Col. Hans Landa. I was not familiar with either of these.

The trivia file on this movie is ultra-rich. In case you haven't seen it, the spoiler trivia is well-marked and at the bottom.

No comments: