Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Catblogging - Draw a Bath


Remember that Steve Martin bit?
"I gave my cat a bath the other day...they love it. He sat there, he enjoyed it, it was fun for me. The fur would stick to my tongue, but other than that...”

Henry had a bad reaction to a medication, and a side effect made quite a *ahem* mess in his room, poor baby. For several days on end we had to wash linens and scrub on the carpet. (Here's a strong suggestion for a future pet owner: don't carpet, put in hardwood, or better yet... tile. Tile rules.) And Henry was embarassingly soiled as well. We dreaded the idea of putting him in the bathtub even though that was the only way to clean him up. Ever bathe a cat? Heh, heh... yeah.

Amazingly, he did not mind it at all. In his old age, he seems to have forgotten to hate being immersed in water. With the water being warm, I'll bet it feels good on his arthritic bones. He's had 4 baths during the past week.

Well, cleanliness IS next to Catliness.

(yes, that's Henry in the video, the well-behaved cat in the tub of water.)

PS: Henry's problem is now better, due to yet another medication.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My cat Her Royal Highness translated for me what Henry was saying in the tub: "Hey, this is nice! So why don't you get me a jacuzzi? The jets would feel sooooo good for my arthritis!"