Wednesday, October 03, 2012

They are missed.


There has been a rash of missing kitties in my neighborhood... a few dogs here and there must mostly cats. It's normal to see a flyer or two, always, but I have been shocked at the number of them. This is not even all of the various flyers, there is at least one more within these few blocks that I didn't photograph, and most have cropped up in the last 2 months.

I was afraid it might be a human killer (and there is no proof that it isn't), but MrB was riding his bike the other morning and saw a healthy coyote. This is very likely what is going on. [Coyotes and cats]

I am thinking of making a flyer of my own saying "COYOTES HAVE BEEN SEEN. PLEASE KEEP SMALL PETS INDOORS."

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I put my money on coyotes too. They are a real problem in almost every city. Coyotes have adapted amazingly well to urban living. And I agree -- responsible pet owners need to keep their cats indoors.

Professor Chaos said...

My sister and her family lost a cat to a coyote. In Southern California. It can happen anywhere, keep them safe!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Circle of life.

Zed said...

Missing cat posters are all over my Brodie Lane neighborhood too.
My Dad's cat went missing a month or so ago in Oak Hill.
I am guessing the drought killed the rabbit population or something.

Blueberry said...

Zed, we are in that general area too (SW). We've been in this house for 12 years and have never seen a rabbit, dead or alive. We always figured the coyotes were probably killing them.