Friday, November 23, 2007

Spare change?

[LINK] "Sadly, you have to mix at a certain level of people to raise the level of funds you need to bring about the greater good, because people are very snobby. These people who have lots of money, they're either snobby or they're stingy. If you have lots of money, you have to be stingy — because why would you want that amount of money?" -- Heather Mills McCartney

Not catty remarks made at a cocktail party, this was part of a speech delivered at Trinity College Dublin.

Ms. MM said that rich people are misers and snobs, and that she was reluctantly obliged to befriend the world's wealthy because that was the only way to maximize her power as an agent for change.

Apparently quite a bit of "change" will be needed, as she is trying to get from Paul twice the amount he's offered her in the settlement. He has offered $50 million, according to the British press.

Tags: - -

2 comments:

Ptelea said...

These comments really made me cringe. It is pretty hard to feel sorry for someone who is "reluctantly obliged" to mix with such horrible people...for the greater good. I feel for Paul and their daughter. I wonder what kind of nonsense HMM is going to fill her head with.

Mando Mama said...

Nooooo! I can't handle it, I can't believe that Paul married someone THAT SHALLOW.

I just can't. I can't. Help... Make it stop....