Friday, August 29, 2008

This week's music roundup

I've been working under the gun on a gig poster design, which needed to be finished by the end of the month in time for September dates, and I got approval on it last night when I fully expected to be working on it all this holiday weekend! Somebody fist-bump me! Here's a web-sized version of it.

It's for MiLkDrive. They had been using an only-slightly modified version of the Scooby-Doo van for their logo (OOPS, can't do that!), so I redesigned that, and there are no publicity photos or even great shots of them as a band yet so I had to wing it. Believe me, it was harder to draw these cartoon guys than plunking in a photo. They (along with brother-group South Austin Jug Band) are back from their tour in Early September.

Tuesday night was our show night, and we went to see our beloved Band of Heathens at the Saxon Pub. Got a couple of videos, so here's one of them for your enjoyment. This is Bob Dylan's "It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry"


Tags: - - -

1 comment:

Ptelea said...

Your poster turned out great - I love the artwork! I have some appreciation for the difficulty factor, too! Congratulations on getting it done "early" so that you can enjoy the weekend.