Monday, September 08, 2008

Onward through the fog

Here's your soundtrack. This is a beautiful instrumental song by MiLkDrive, (very Nickel Creeky).

The guitar player (Noah) said he wrote it for his mother in Idaho (called "Kay's Tune"). That's pretty sweet, and *almost* makes me wish I'd had a kid who would grow up to be this guy -- but what really would have happened is my kid would end up like Rush Limbaugh or Ted Nugent. I'll never know and don't want to know.

Anyway, MiLkDrive really loved their poster I did for them [VIEW]. I knew they really liked it, but it was even better. It was unanimously declared to be "Badass", and I say they are badass too.

Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market in Sunset Valley to stock up on Buddha's Brew Kombucha (so much better than ones you'll find even in the health grocery. Lots of people bring their pets, and this man had a beautiful python, said it was a full grown, New Zealand variety.
 I love snakes (non-venomous) and I got to meet this one. Here I am in full crazy-cat-lady gear, getting acquainted with a big snake.

I am going on 12 days of being pretty sick from the sinus infection, and today is the first improvement I've seen, the first day I haven't felt like a zombie (bad cough, congestion, fever, sore throat, almost no sleep at all, and exhausted). I got maybe 5 hours of sleep last night (IN A ROW), and the cough was better through the night. Don't want to get cocky though, because these things can fool you, they come and go, and come back. I am still congested and planning on still keeping it pretty low-key. Will skip Del Castillo on Thursday (not rested enough for that show) and wait for Sunday and the Punch Brothers at the Cactus. Very psyched for that, and need to be fit for it. It's Chris Thile, ex-Nickel Creek, and his band.


Tags: - - -

3 comments:

Mando Mama said...

Whoa, that IS one badass poster! I love it! I can hear the little milk jugs singing and playing...

I am a fan of snakes, although I've never been bitten and that might alter my view some. Something tells me that Henry would not appreciate the snake the way you clearly do. Snakes are really cool. We actually had one in the office a couple weeks ago and I managed to miss it (but not the shrieks of surprise and laughter, oh well).

So sorry you're not well yet. Punch Brothers will help.

Blueberry said...

I am so psyched for Punch! (need to rest more). Check out my MySpace, Critter left a comment. {grin}

I love snakes but do not have the backbone to feed them (live mice, is it?) I know cat food is equally evil but I couldn't bring myself to use the cuteness for food. Yes, I know... meat is meat is meat. {sigh}

Freida Bee said...

Ahh- I'll have to come back to this post and read more thoroughly later, but two things:

Oat Willies. Ha.

And, that plant is ruellia. It is lovely, invasive and drought tolerant.