Friday, September 09, 2005

What Would Willie Do? He 'd help out.

What: Neighbors in Need benefit concert. All proceeds from the concert will go to the Red Cross Katrina Relief effort. (title bar has link)
Who: Willie Nelson, Ray Price, Jimmie Vaughan, Lucinda Williams, Eric Johnson, Patti Griffin, The Flatlanders, Bob Schneider and more
Where: Frank Erwin Center
Date: Wednesday, September 21
More benefit concerts scheduled than I can keep up with! This is the biggie. I'll bet they make a DVD of it like they did of Willie's tsunami relief show (where we make an appearance during What would Willie do?. I usually cry when I listen to Patty Griffin, but this time I think Lucinda will be the one to do me in. Eric is included, so I'm thrilled about that too. I can't imagine the Neville Brothers not being there either, since they are new Austinites.

Update 9/14/05: Sure enough, the Neville Brothers have been added to the lineup. We got 11th row seats. Lucky us!
-
- -
- -

No comments: