Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Longest Fiscal Year - Ever.

[Linkage to the presidentially approved page, including video]
This morning my administration released the budget numbers for fiscal 2006. These budget numbers are not just estimates; these are the actual results for the fiscal year that ended February the 30th. [sic]

His dad, GHW Bush made a slipup nearly that bad when speaking before the American Legion, he referred to September 7th as "a day that will live in infamy" instead of December 7th, and pokes fun at himself for it here. I remember thinking how hilarious that one was, but then today I found this article on GHW saying that September 7, 1944 was the day his torpedo bomber took a solid hit and he had to be fished out of the water a couple of hours later. I can see why that date might have been infamously significant to him.

Like father, like son? Maybe not so much.

Found via Brad DeLong

- -

3 comments:

Michael Bains said...

Well, they both want World Dominion for the U.S., but the former Prez just was smart enough to know it ain't gonna happen w/o pissin' off well over half the population of the planet.

W is to spoiled rotten to care 'bout such minutiae.

Blueberry said...

I couldn't stand the previous Bush either, but by comparison with what we've got now even Nixon's image is starting to improve!
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Yeah, I didn't agree with GHW on much of anything, but I think he was at least qualified for the job. I'll give them that one.
---------ONE--------

Blueberry said...

I think February 30th is actually the date that we are going to win The War on Terror.

...or maybe it's "Rapture Day".