Friday, February 23, 2007

Stop Iran War


You know it's coming, Smirky and Snarly have had these plans in place for some time. Wes Clark and VoteVets have a site called Stop Iran War, and there is a petition you can sign (not that "the Decider" knows how to read an email), they are collecting your video/audio clips, and you can get a banner like this one below for your blog. As I post, they only have about a little over 15,000 signers, but hopefully it will grow into something that will make a statement... to somebody who might be listening.
NOTE: I took off the blogad because it got all stretched out of whack on their end. If they resize it to fit in the intended space, I post it again. Just visit the website.

EDIT FEB 24: I signed this petition and got an automated response from the White House. Here it is:
"On behalf of President Bush, thank you for your correspondence. We appreciate hearing your views and welcome your suggestions. The President is committed to continuing our economic progress, defending our freedom, and upholding our Nation's deepest values.

Due to the large volume of e-mail received, the White House cannot respond to every message. Please visit the White House website for the most up-to-date information on Presidential initiatives, current events, and topics of interest to you. In order to better receive comments from the public, a new system has been implemented. In the future please send your comments to comments@whitehouse.gov.

Thank you again for taking the time to write."

Tags: -

3 comments:

beepbeepitsme said...

I don't trust politicans enough to email a response to them.

Blueberry said...

I'm sure I'm now registered with Homeland Security as a terrorist. Wheee! The fun begins! Wait 'til they find out I'm an atheist too. Don't bother, sir. I'll just cuff myself. Don't hurt me. My mother-in-law is a Republican.

Me said...

Will sign, Blueberry.
And who among us ISN'T on their watch list?
Bastards.