Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm callin' this as I see it.

Yes. This is one of my current pet peeves.

Burnt Orange Report has been the strongest source of all the dirt that's been dished on Kinky lately. It not made up stuff. They have posted (for now, so get it while it's still steamin') audio of the whole comedy routine from 1980 in Houston at the Rockefeller Club where Kinky tells all the racist jokes. They have also transcribed some of the most controversial stuff, in that post and in previous ones (look for them on BOR or click my previous post link at the bottom. It has links.)

a couple of the jokes:
"...the doctor told me, 'Kinky, we've had to give you a transfusion with the blood of a person of the Negro persuasion.' I said, 'well that's moderately unpleasant.' He said, 'well yes Kinky there's a good side to this, too. There's some good fringe benefits. Your welfare check will start coming in next month and your penis just grew 12 inches so these are some things you should think about...' "
"...then I come down to Houston, I went to a bowling alley. I couldn't go bowling, there were no bowling balls. The people here throw 'em all in the sea, thought they were ni**er eggs… thought they were ni**er eggs."

OK, those are offensive jokes, the exact same kind of humor on this Nazi page [brace yourself if you click, it's disgusting], and I'm not kidding -- it's raw white power hatred, and the "kinkster", as he's affectionately called, could have gone somewhere like that for this "funny" material, it fits right in.

Kinky's claims that he was satirizing racism with this, and that he is just being honest.
"I don't eat tamales in the barrio; I don't eat fried chicken in the ghetto; I don't eat bagels with the Jews for breakfast," Kinky said. "That, to me, is true racism."

OK, yeah. How about telling anti-black jokes to a bunch of rich white rednecks? By his own definition, does that qualify?

He is possibly getting a boost in the polls from all this, it's a lot of press and he's well-liked anyway. He's still very popular in Austin partly because of his weirdness. I like the weirdness too, but certain things just turn me waaayy off. All I want is for him to quit trying to paint this in some bizarre way. I'm calling bullshit.


Previous Kinky post

- - - -

1 comment:

Karl-Thomas Musselman said...

Thanks for the link. And power to ya for calling BS.