Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ceiling Kitteh has invisible haus, u gots 2 borned agen 2 see it


I'm usually in a cat health online group, the topic depending on which cat is the sickest. Right now I’m in a group concerning cats with asthma. Usually people will get called on the carpet for getting too far off-topic, like last week when someone suggested that “new age” remedies might be worth a try instead of using steroids, which caused such a hubbub that I thought the person was going to be kicked off the board. Oddly though, threads like these seem to sit well enough (please bear in mind these came from the board postings, I have removed names of {people} and {pets}, and have not corrected grammar or spelling):
I saw something today and it really bothered me and not being a person who has read the bible and I just lost my mom on Easter and am still crying everyday this made it worse. I saw a ad for books for sale on my book group one book was called "Why you don't See cats mentioned in the Bible" and other intresting facts. I better see my cats again. After losing my mom who always said "I hope I go before that damm cat" because he is like my child I couldn't stand not knowing we will be with our kittys again
As I have said before I can imagine me or {my husband} dying. I just can't imagine being without {my cat}. Your cats "Walk with God", That is something I truly believe as well as many others who have passed on. Love, {my cat} and {me}
I think the bible shouldn't be taken literally -- it was written decades, even scores of years after the events it records. Each religion takes the bible and, like a song on American Idol ... 'makes it their own', and I don't think God intended for it to be taken as a literal accounting. Besides, I believe God is pragmatic and no doubt, even if cats weren't mentioned in the bible, that he has a place for them in heaven, too. I would think that ALL innocent life is welcomed there.
My belief:
God took the time & love to create the precious little things so they don't just disappear when they stop breathing here. He shares them w/us for a short time, but we will have an eternity w/them at some point..........that's makes me happy! Somewhere in the Bible (think it's in I Corinthians) it talks about Jesus sharing with & putting in us His heart & feelings..............reasons to me that what I feel for my little fur balls is not insignificant or defined by time here. We all feel this something special for a reason (even if you don't believe God), & for me I know that it's God sharing a little piece of his heart w/me. So if I love {my cat} (& all my others that have crossed over) this much........WOW, I can only imagine how much they means to God. He makes a very special place for His little ones & I can't wait to hold all mine again!!!!
Just b/c it doesn't spell this out in the Bible........just remember that God is still speaking to us everyday (listen) & it does, very clearly, speak about the importance of animals.
I am beginning to read a book called Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates. It was written by a Baptist minister. Although I am not as fundamental in my Christian beliefs, he does present his research on passages of the Bible which indicate that there is a place in heaven for our animal friends. It's still in print, but you might want to see if its available at your local library. Hope this helps. God bless.



OK, I ranted on about this earlier this year, all the rational ideas you have to suppress in order to believe in the idea of being with animals in heaven... not to mention the all ones you had for dinner... and then there's the issue of your exes and other people you'd rather not see again... oh, never mind, here's the rant with a couple of really funny snagged cartoons: Welcome to Stepford. Anyway, it could get complicated...

As for the Bible and animals, mostly they are either put there to do your work, be your food, or become a blood sacrifice kill so the God can have the best cuts along with the blood... followed by the rest of it being your food.

To top this off on a fun note, the entire Bible is being translated into LOL-Speak!
Matthew 3: Teh baptizum of Jebus!

13 Den Jebus caem from Gallalee, to has baptizm from John
14 But John was all "Ur doin it rong, j00 needz to baptize me"
15 And Jebus answered sayin "STFU and baptize me n00b" and John did.
16 Wen he was baptized he gtfo of teh water and, ZOMG, teh ceilinz opened up and teh Spirit of Ceiling Cat caem down liek a duv and landeded on him17 And, ZOMFGWTF, a voice from heven sayed "Hai guise, dis my son, and I tink he teh leet"

Proverbs 20
13
If u sleeps all day in teh comfy cushun, u cans get no cheezburger.

All hail Ceiling Cat!!!

(T-shirt at top from The Onion.)

No comments: