Monday, June 06, 2011

All kinds of shut up

Oh - this is good (and the sound is NSFW or for little kids)! The Alamo Drafthouse uses an actual customer complaint for a new "don't talk, and tweeting and texting totally counts as talking" PSAs that will play before the movie. If the girl had gotten there on time, maybe she would have gotten the message. Instead she got kicked out for texting.


They have created dozens of these, themed on a movie or person or whatever:
No Country For Old Men
Hobo With a Shotgun
Pineapple Express
Danny Trejo
Jackalope Preservation Society
Gov. Ann Richards
A whole bunch of celebrities

Anyway, thanks for caring, Alamo Drafthouse...

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

These are hilarious! It's hard to pick a fave but I'd have to say the Foul-Mouthed Texter and the Jackalope Preservation Society.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

But having said that, I think I'd be scared to go to the Alamo Drafthouse. I'm not a rowdy person while watching a movie, but I might forget myself and say something to My Rare One during the film. And she has been known to inadvertently leave her cellphone on sometimes. I can feel that sidewalk pavement now!

Blueberry said...

They actually won't do anything unless someone complains. I'm kind of chicken about complaining on people. We were disturbed in there once by some people talking on their phone during the movie - but I was more afraid that the people would wait around and beat us up in the parking lot - so we just tolerated it.

They also have many events where you are supposed to be a little rowdy, like ones (in "Hecklevision") where you can text something snarky about the movie and it will appear on the screen. Also there are quote-alongs, stuff like that - and they have baby days, showings that allow a crying baby (also they turn down the movie sound) so it's balanced.