Thursday, December 08, 2005

December 8, this day in history

Again, I am mystified by that little "Today in History" (from Brainy History) doodad I have on my blog's sidebar. On November 22, it failed to mention that 11/22 was the day that JFK was assassinated. It did, however, mention that LBJ took the oath of office to become President.

Now today, it fails to mention that December 8, 1980 was the day that John Lennon was assassinated. It does mention that on 12/8/1980 the Bravo Network premiered on cable TV (and what a day to begin something!!) and that on 12/8/1984 Ringo appeared on SNL.

Very odd. Am I seeing a trend here? Are they spinning something, or just can't bear to report an assassination? Maybe just a domestic one. Now I'm curious.

The other link over there on the sidebar from the Library of Congress seems fairly unbiased although more limited in scope but more expanded in the coverage of material.

- - - -

No comments: