Sunday, December 04, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things...

...besides whiskers on kittens. My friend Deb sent me this airplane.

I am posting a few of my favorite irreverent or scroogy Christmas events, rants and other offerings. I think it helps me get through the otherwise depressing holiday season by just laughing some of it off.

Here's the grandmother who stole the nativity baby Jesus. I guess grandmothers are expected to be more well-behaved than other people for some reason.

I guess you could call this one Santa's Slain. The guy has put up a decoration generally thought more appropriate for Halloween and since this is Christmas... well then that's ALL different (and doesn't Christmas start the day after Halloween? Sure seems like it). There's a poll on the page to see what you think of it. Somehow I think that this was bound to be unpopular in Oklahoma.

Spinal Tap had a Christmas record called "Christmas With the Devil", but I'm not 100% sure this Karkis video is for real. Looks like a spoof, but I am not now, nor have I ever been really up on the metal scene. Anyway, it's pretty entertaining and very Tappish. The Most Badass Video Ever Seen by Human Eyes, or... S-A-N-T-A = S-A-T-A-N

And here's Mark Morford's rant. I'm feeling better already.

- - -

2 comments:

Neil Shakespeare said...

Xmas overkill already and we're still 3 weeks away! Aaaaargh!!! Do the kids know about what happened to Santa?

Blueberry said...

Luckily there are plenty of extra Santas to go around in case one is an accident victim or morphs into SATAN.