Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday shopping bargains

This is a mural over in East Austin that I like a lot. I believe (but could be wrong) that the artist is Federico. It's on the side of a restaurant about a block from the Obama Store ("Presidential Sweet" as the window banner proclaims) at 1111 11th Street in Austin where CASH was KING today. They were planning on being open until Inauguration Day but it's remained popular so they have moved the closing day to the end of March. We really need to spend more time over there in east Austin before they bulldoze it for McMansions and condos. Here's what I got for $10 at the Obama Store.



The weather was beautiful today and I got the shopping bug, so I also went to Goodwill, where I got these fabulous flip-flips! They were brand new, and still had the original tag for $29.99 on them. I got them for $4.99 (and loving them!). Here's the website for this flip-flop company who understands that there are adults who want to wear kid's stuff but it's hard to find in our size. ;-) Check them out! They're called "hotflops,": these have grapes, banana, butterfly, lily and bee. Lots more options at the link.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

No Friday cat?

Blueberry said...

Thanks, Ellen, for missing the kitties. I've been lax on the catblogging (it's been maybe every other week) and feeling guilty. My babies deserve better. There will be one this Friday, or even earlier.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Love those flip flops. You rfeet will feel like Carmen Miranda.