Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hearty Greetings!


Happy Valentine’s Day if you are celebrating it. I really don’t, I am notoriously unromantic. I don’t like getting flowers, it makes me distrust the person’s motives. Flattery has the same effect. I wouldn’t wear a diamond if I had one. Cards are nice if giving them is heartfelt, candy will be eaten but will not improve my mood when the extra pounds show up. If you watch the show “24”, I am Chloe. A dinner/movie date will be nice, but it can wait for the weekend, and will not feature a romantic movie (we’ve already seen Brokeback Mountain and King Kong, and I can wait for the DVD on Pride and Prejudice. I adore Keira Knightley! Ohhhh, not that way! I am het, but she is delightful to watch.). Whatever the Day used to be, it has become one of those fake holidays thrust upon us by retail corporations.

The History Channel site has a nice little informative section, and a great time-waster on the sidebar called The Valentine Love Match Game.

Here’s a funny true thing: My previous mother-in-law gave her daughter a Valentine Card, and being a very naïve and sheltered person, she innocently signed it, "Have a nice V.D."

- -

No comments: