Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Arach Lobby

Warning!! This post contains lots of hairy legs!!
.
.
.
Brace yourself
.
.
.

We saw Spiderman 3 on opening day at the Alamo Drafthouse. The Alamo is known (among other things) for featuring some fun related things in the lobby, and this time they brought in a velcro wall for the kids and some live spiders for kids of all ages. I am an arachnophobe, as I've mentioned. I am dealing with it. I can deal with little spiders now without a freakout, but most of the spiders they brought were not little. If you wanted to handle a tarantula, they would let it crawl around on you, and my husband took them up on it. The pic on the left shows the same one crawling on someone else. I don't think I am ready for that. Pretty sure, in fact. The one that was not allowed to crawl on people was a Goliath Bird-Eating Tarantula, the biggest tarantula in the world and I think the one they had there was as big as they get. The leg-span can be as large as 12 inches. Take a look at the pic on the right I got off the net. That's a dinner plate, folks! Picture a 12 inch pizza.

As for the movie, I think if you liked the other two, you'll like this one. We enjoyed it. Peter Parker has some really funny bits. See it on the big screen. That's the extent of my review, except that there are no tarantulas in it.

Tags: - -

No comments: