Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Lonely at the top

Look who is reportedly looking for love on the internet. Mr. "can't get a date" himself, Orlando Bloom is, according to this article, using a friend as a cover on Facebook in order to meet a nice partner who loves him for himself and not because he's a fabulous elf (the MOST fabulous elf) or fabulous pirate. Actually, I will always prefer the long blond hair to his natural brown along with the shaved face, but the chocolate-colored eyes are every bit as nice as the blue. The "Paris" (boyfriend of Helen) look is nice too. That accent? It doesn't hurt. Yes, I realize that I am old enough to be his mother.

So... what if the internet soulmate ends up falling for his friend, and is disappointed when they meet? I suppose love never goes smoothly. Something tells me that Facebook is going to be getting a couple of extra hits.

Orlando wiki
Dress up Orlando Bloom

6 comments:

Mando Mama said...

Good gawd, and I thought I had trouble meeting people. If ORLANDO BLOOM is using the Internet to find a DATE, then there is NO hope for MandoMama. Evidently, I am the only person in America who has given up on that variety of what one pal calls "risky social networking."

I prefer the elf look, too, I think, but I'm more of a Sam Wise Gamgee girl overall. (Explains just about everything, eh?)

Michael Bains said...

Hhmmm... Age & Gender be damned! Did ya happen to catch what screen name he's using???

{-;

FreakyNick said...

Yeah, I have the same problem.

Blueberry said...

MM: I am most certainly a hobbit, maybe with elfin aspirations.
MB: I hear you. Prettier than Helen of Troy and just as pretty as Arwen or Galadriel... or Jack Sparrow.... almost.

Pam said...

I prefer Keith (below) to Orlando. Hubba hubba! But I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers.

This is the kind of post that makes me glad I am not out there dating any more.

But if you stumble across an ad from Campbell Scott, please let me know ;-).

Lynn@ZelleBlog said...

Woo-hooo! Orlando!

I think its interesting, the idea of somebody wanting to connect without the aspect of fame entering into it.