Thursday, January 25, 2007

Inexcusable

U.S. Soldiers in Iraq Throw Stones at Crippled Dog [LINK to complete article]
Urge Army to investigate incident of animal abuse captured on video

You may have already seen the video being circulated on the Internet in which U.S. soldiers stationed in Iraq throw rocks and laugh at a dog suffering from a severe spinal deformity. One of the soldiers even says, "That's the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life!" as the dog yelps in pain and tries to escape on two legs.

[edit 5/31/11: the video is now unavailable. My apologies.]

It IS really disturbing to watch something like this, and you might be thinking that treating a dog in this way is different from treating a human in a similar way, but I don't happen to agree with that. I realize that training and circumstances are a factor in this, but I sure won't defend it, nonetheless. The ability to behave in this way should never be nurtured, or the behavior defended under any circumstance.

Tags: - - - -

2 comments:

FreakyNick said...

What freaking Assholes!
Yes, that is disturbing. That kind of cruelty enrages me.

I don't believe in vengeance, but hile I was watching that, I found myself wanting to find those soldiers, tie their feet together, and make them dance while a trained German Shepard teases them by snapping at their crotch, making contact intermittently.

It's time to bring them home, the mental damage the war is causing is very apparent. Those soldiers need a long stay in a mental hospital to recover from the cruelty of our Leader Dearest.

Me said...

I can't do it, Blueberry. Cannot watch it. Thanks for the advance warning, though.
I've ALWAYS believed you can judge a person's character by the way they treat defenseless creatures, whether they be animals or small children.
ASSHOLES!!!