Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Piccadilly Clowns

This is an article on some of the dumb things that tourists have asked tour guides and other officials and tour staff over in the U.K. Many more at the LINK.

Is Wales closed during the winter?

Which bus do I get from the Orkney Islands to the Shetland Islands?

Why on earth did they build Windsor Castle on the flight path of Heathrow?

Can you tell me who performs at the circus in Piccadilly?

What time of night does the Loch Ness monster surface and who feeds it?

asked of London staff: In what city is your Tokyo office?

What time does the midnight train leave?


I can poke fun at these people because I will never be able to afford to visit there. Also, I try to keep my mouth shut rather than ask dumb questions, so I end up being lost and exasperated in strange places.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO!! Tourists. And dumb ones, too! I particularly enjoyed the Loch Ness monster one.