Thursday, December 02, 2010

Our hot little sister

In the morning when I'm headed to work, Venus has been a stunningly bright object in the sky. This morning, even though I was running a little late, I stopped the car and took some pictures with my cheesy little camera. I know it's Venus because I looked it up, and as it turns out, this is the brightest Venus we will see until July of 2012. Actually, Saturday morning is supposed to be the brightest shine of all.

When I saw this sight and wanted to share it, it made me laugh, thinking about good old Mike Shannon and the funny stuff he'd say while doing the color commentary during the St. Louis Cardinals games. Once he was remarking on the big full moon over the stadium in New York, saying "I wish you folks back in St. Louis could see this moon."

Well, if you can manage to get up before dawn for the next couple of days, you can see this Venus yourself.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

once when we were in Oklahoma, when I was a kid we were out late at night and my mother mentioned the big ole moon..I looked at it for a minute and said.."I bet it's bigger in Texas."...I was 4.

Blueberry said...

Good one!! HA!

Ptelea said...

My younger son was convinced that the moon was following us when we drove around in the car at night!