Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Angels are badass

Where did angels get the reputation for being all sweet and goody-two-shoes? First of all, they seem to be all men... not chubby babies or cutesy-pie girly-girls. Second, back in Ye Olde Testemente earth girls were instructed to cover their hair so they wouldn't be tempting the angel boys. Third, you do NOT want to piss these guys off, they were scary. Everybody who saw angels were terrified, or at least stunned into acting respectable and doing what they were told.

So what are angels? If people ever saw them, what were they seeing? Space Aliens? An ancient Uber-Race? I love mythology. The old faerie stories from Ireland, and Tolkien's fabricated mythology in Silmarillion and other works describe a really fascinating creature of the type that many people through history have believed in.

9 comments:

Undeniable Liberal said...

Shocked, I tell you, it seems that I am twisted. Barely evil. Obviously in denial as well. How can I sleep tonite?

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. ~~Luciano de Crescenzo

Michael Bains said...

Unde Lib! Paisano! Just close yer eyes and breath. Sleep will come as always once the truth has twisted free. {-;

To find you're an Angel is no surprise dear Blueberry. And apparently a "flappy" one, at that. lol!

Have you seen the movie, Michael? With Barbarino as the lead? Now that's what I consider an Angel! Oh, and those two cats from "Dogma" too, don't ya know.

Anonymous said...

And I was found to be "Neutral".
There must be some evil in me, or some goodness, but getting the message that I am neither?
This is beyond humiliating!

I have a little angel on my blog right now. Quiet cranky, and yet...

Anonymous said...

Bluberry, did you ever see that movie where Christopher Walken played Gabriel? It was about the war in heaven between the angels and their desire to exterminate men, who they believe God loves more than them. Sorry, can't remember the name of the movie, but it was excellent.

Blueberry said...

Christopher Walken is great! So is Travolta! Not sure if I've seen either one of those movies.

Poetry, I like that quote! Now if the left wong and right wing could only learn to work together...

JohnnyB said...

Thanks for the quiz, blueberry. Thought I'd be Neutral, ala the Hugs and Kisses, or maybe a little Twisted, like MB, but turns out I'm EVIL.

Guess voting for the "job of being Evil" was a clue. But honestly - doesn't it sound like it has the most opportunity of not getting boring, doing the same old thing!

PS hillcountrygal / blueberry - the movie(s) (there were 3 of them) was The Prophecy

Blueberry said...

(The Prophecy) Viggo Mortensen as Lucifer? Sounds like it's worth the trip to hell.
;-)

FreakyNick said...

Took the quiz. I am just "Good", very tolerant, good-natured, pleasant to be around. Rarely inclined to do wrong.

I'm not kidding, it really said that.

Travolta in "Michael" is great, you should see it. I've never seen that other movie.