Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Unresolved Resolutions

Looking back at my last year's resolutions Urg! The results have been disastrous! See my current comments in italics:
  1. Lose 5 pounds, just 5 stinking pounds. How hard can it be??? Now I need to lose 10 lbs. Still not technically overweight. One more cookie should do it.
  2. Start going to those Happy Hours at the Continental Club. Nope. Just went to one. On my birthday.
  3. Round up all this junk and sell it on eBay. Did I say junk? I meant to say rare collectibles in mint condition. Um. Nope. Made about a $5 profit on a CD.
  4. Stop being such a workaholic and take a whole day off once in a while. Not happening. Nope. I work 7 days a week, with no holidays. Sometimes it's just a few hours, but that still counts.
  5. Get a job that pays better with shorter hours. Got the shorter hours. Well, maybe not but now they're more flexible. Less stressful maybe, but definitely less pay. My benefits include spending more time with kitty-cats.
  6. Learn Spanish. How hard can it be??? I'm just desperate enough to sign up for that class for people who've taken a class and still didn't learn Spanish, aka Conversational Spanish 101 dropouts. Que? No hablo espanol. If that's messed up, it's because I don't speak Spanish.
  7. Come up with some really clever design that will be popular and sell it on Cafepress merch. Still a not-for-profit. I use Cafepress but just to make stuff for friends, and I don't mark it up.
  8. Finish making those curtains. ha ha, see #9.
  9. Fix the sewing machine, and then finish the curtains. Just got the needed belt and started fixing the machine Monday. I'm in my grubbies and ready to finish it now!
  10. Sort the junk on those old computers and get_rid_of_them. errrr. Nope. Waiting for the computer museum to make an offer, I guess.
  11. Dust that spot right over there. ...and it needs it again.

Maybe I should make a list of things I don't want to accomplish, and use reverse psych on myself. Does that work?

6 comments:

Nava said...

All I can say is quote Ellen DeGeneres:
"Procrastination is not the problem. It is the solution. It is the universe's way of saying stop, slow down, you move too fast. Listen to the music. Whoa whoa, listen to the music. Because music makes the people come together, it makes the bourgeois and the rebel. So come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody try to love one another. Because what the world needs now is love, sweet love. And I know that love is a battlefield, but boogie on reggae woman because you're gonna make it after all. So celebrate good times, come on. I've gotta stop I've gotta come to my senses, I've been out riding fences for so long... oops I did it again... um... What I'm trying to say is, if you leave tonight and you don't remember anything else that I've said, leave here and remember this: Procrastinate now, don't put it off."

- A fellow procrastinator.

FreakyNick said...

The only one sure way to fulfill all your resolutions: Quit making resolutions.

The dust will always return, it is only rearranged for a while.

Michael Bains said...

Heheh! Congrats on #s 9 and 11 at any rate.

Happy New Year a Comin'!

Notice that I don't even attempt to describe my own Resol's from last year. Oh, wait... I'm still alive! That's the Big One!

Thanks for all your help on that score this past year, Blueberry. I do seriously and sincerely mean that.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Blueberry, you CRACK ME UP!!! I LOVED the learning Spanish thing. Si?

Undeniable Liberal said...

I resolve to stop procrastinating...in a couple of days, or weeks, or.....soon.

Blueberry said...

The sad part about these resolutions is that, with the exception of fixing the sewing machine, which I just did, they are the same again this year.