Saturday, December 30, 2006

Autodidact it must be then.

You paid attention during 91% of high school!

85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

Do you deserve your high school diploma?
Create a Quiz



Found via Huevos Rancheros, a newly discovered blog. I got the same result that he did.

My result is really kind of surprising since I barely made it through high school. I went to 12 schools spanning 14 years between 1st grade and 12th (kindergarten wasn't required so I didn't go). We moved so much that I lost a lot of credits. My parents thought nothing whatsoever out of pulling me out of school 2 weeks before the term ended. I was never intended to be college material anyway, so who would care? Besides, my mother disapproved of me going to school and would write me a fake note at the drop of a suggestion so she could have some company during the day. (her recipe for a woman's success was "get you a man with some money".) I dropped out for awhile and went back later in another state and finally officially graduated but couldn't afford to be in ceremony or the yearbook. High School and Junior High were things that I just didn't attend very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I scored a 91. But my Mother would have KILLED me if I hadn't paid attention. She was a teacher. But fun quiz, nonetheless.
And the ONLY reason I went to college was to get a degree in Journalism, which was the ONLY thing that EVER interesteded me.

Blueberry said...

I put myself through college, got my B.A. at 40. I did it because I was tired of being unemployable beyond factory work or other physical labor. That's no kind of life to have esp. when you're older.

Michael Bains said...

Got to remember to take that one when I get home tomorrow.

What's a Year Book? {-;