Monday, December 18, 2006

Will this never end?


Poor Santa there has got "a case of the The Mondays"*

If you're slogging through the pre-holiday doldrums, here's a groove for you, a rare capture of local blues-jazz-fusion guitarist Dave Sebree live. Outstanding! I don't know Dave beyond the "Hi, how ya doing" level, but I love his playing. It's in the water, I'm tellin you.



*a quote from "Office Space" made by local film maker Mike Judge (better known for his cartoons Beavis & Butthead and King of the Hill). It is a must-see for anyone who has ever had a job.

Tags: - - -

4 comments:

FreakyNick said...

Hi Blue -

WOO-HOO! Mike Judge graduated from HS in Albuquerque, my adopted hometown. In fact, I think he said he based his "Beavis and Butthead" characters on his HS experience in ABQ. I didn't know he was living in Austin now. Again, you are lucky to live there. I love "Office Space", it is much like the jobs I've had, and still have.

Love the music, too. Anything blues is too cool.

Blueberry said...

I lived in ABQ too... twice!! Typical military kid, huh? A lot of my relatives moved to ABQ and still live there so that's the reason I don't go there. ;-)

Mike Judge is also a musician, a bass player. He gets a gig as a sideman once in a while. He's very generic-looking and doesn't stand out. He looks a bit like Dale Gribble from KOTH. I'm not even sure if I've seen him as he wouldn't necessarily be introduced.

What high school was it (in ABQ)? Manzano?

FreakyNick said...

It was Highland.

FreakyNick said...

I lived in ABQ twice also. 80-86 and 96-2000. Both my kids were born there, and my son graduated from Eldorado HS.