Sunday, January 04, 2009

It's that time of year

...when you start breaking your first New Year's resolution, and start thinking about where the hell you are going to store all that wonderful stuff you just bought or were given for the Holidays. That's why the BIG plastic bins have come front and center in the stores where the inflatable nativity scene was displayed a couple of weeks ago.

You should be warned, however, that it's a really BAD idea to try and store your baby in one of these bins, as pointed out on one of the big plastic bins I just bought.

3 comments:

Mariamariacuchita said...

Yes, cardboard boxes are much better fro storing babies in!! Seriously, it is sad that we even need warnings for stuff like this. Thank gawd, I was never tempted to put inflatable stuff in my front yard.

although I am contemplating a series of white peace dove/bird cutouts hanging from the trees for next year.

Blueberry said...

I like the cutouts idea. MrB is very "green" and doesn't want lights going and using all that energy, so if we can ever afford solar lights... otherwise it's just old-fashioned stuff that just hangs there like in the olden days.

Speaking of bird cutouts, I saw where someone was using old political signs to make birdhouses. I'm going to give it a try.

Michael Bains said...

Heh.. I thought that sign meant Don't Keep Babies in the Toilet Tank.

Boy am I relieved!

Happy New Year!