Sunday, January 25, 2009

The recycled house

I caught MrB's cold that he had 2 weeks ago, of course (how could I escape?), and also (typical me) followed up with yet another sinus infection, so I have been sick for nearly a week. This is getting sooo old. This one is in the ears. Ugh. Anyway, I spent some of my shut-in time yesterday building this birdhouse. I got the idea on Obamacycle, a networking site that's about reusing campaign materials instead of throwing them away. Last time we went down to our recycling center I asked if they had any campaign signs and they gave me a stack of plain white corrugated plastic boards that somebody had brought in. Here's a post about doing this showing signs that have printing on them, but since mine were plain white I recycled a bumper sticker as decoration and called it done.

Come on, birdies!

3 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Great jobon the birdhouse. Get well soon!

Friðvin said...

Are you sure it's a cold and not cedar fever? I actually don't think I've had a cold since I went vegetarian some 17 years ago. I did have cedar fever after moving to Austin for a few years but even managed to get over that with the help of something that isn't legal.

Blueberry said...

Cedar showed up on my allergy tests, but then MrB had what I think was a cold, then I got sick.

I think that miracle drug should be legal, don't you?