Saturday, November 04, 2006

Clark helping to give 'em hell



Gen. Wesley Clark has affiliated himself with the PAC Vote Vets, which uses the slogan "Support the Troops, Send them to Congress!". They have produced some very blunt and powerful ads that counter the right wing messages we are getting about terrorism, as well as the way certain members of Congress have chosen to support themselves rather than the troops by voting for their own pay hikes instead of for providing proper body armor and basic needs for the soldiers they are sending into the belly of the beast. Normally I don't pay much attention to any political ads, but these are compelling and powerful. View them here on the Vote Vets website.

Gen. Clark was my preferred Dem candidate for President in 2004. I would really love to see him on the ticket next time around, or at least part of the next administration. He's highly qualified, intelligent, articulate... good grief... we are not used to that anymore, are we?
Link: Wesley Clark website
Tags: - - -
Found via Pink Dome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking more and more Bill Richardson for pres. Have you had a chance to listen to him and read about his accomplishments? Our other choices are so, well, grim. I would love to see a woman president in my lifetime, but Hillary just won't do. I adore her husband, but she gives me the shivers. The bad kind.

Blueberry said...

I will check him out, don't know much about him yet. I don't think Hillary has a chance of being elected so I hope she's not nominated. I love her husband too!