Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tagged! 6 Weird Things

Hill Country gal has tagged me!

According to the rules...
Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you”. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

6 weird things about me? Only 6?

#1 The Little Engine That Can't
I can't swim... or ride a bike. Can't surf, can't water ski or snow ski or snowboard, can't ice skate, and can't roller skate in a buffalo herd. It has to do with some phobia that doesn't seem to have a name. Not all phobias have names, or at least not names published on the interweb.

#2 These Are The Things I Can Live Without
I have absolutely no desire to go white-water rafting, kayaking, skydiving, bungee-jumping or rock climbing. I have gotten very safety-conscious in my middle-age, and beside, see #1 - can't swim... and those phobia things again.

#3 Can't Buy Me Love
I hate being given expensive gifts, and/or romantic gifts. Roses (any cut flowers, really), "precious" stones like diamonds have no value to me. If a man gives me a gift like this, I think he must feel guilty about something he's done. It will not have the desired effect on me. I don't mind little heartfelt gifts as long as they are cheap. Funky, funny, unusual jewelry is much better appreciated, or a living plant for the yard. And puh-lease no lingerie (until I lose 10 pounds). Socks are preferred.

#4 Sunday Funnies
I am a church-going atheist. The church is Unitarian Universalist and is creedless. I love the regular minister they have there, although he is taking a sabbatical right now to write a book or something. Wise man. I would never voluntarily go to a christian church or any other organized meeting where people tell you what you should believe (unless it was for a funeral or wedding or something).

#5 Might As Well Face It
I'm addicted to the internet. Is that so bad? Is it even weird anymore?

#6 Eye of the Beholder
Those are my feet in the picture. I wore those socks and shoes. On the street. In public. In a place of business. I have another pair with penguins on them. Saving those for the screening of Happy Feet at the IMAX. I buy my shirts in the children's section of Goodwill. I manage to squeeze my girth into a child's size L or XL, and their shirts have graphics that are much more fun than the boring old adult stuff. I get the rest of my shirts off of bands' merch tables or websites. Tell me again why I have to grow up?

Here's a year old post with 100 things about me, including some just mentioned. Sometimes I just freak myself out. Oh well... easily amused, I suppose. I'm not scary. Honest!

I am tagging these folks:
Michael Bains
BBC
Undeniable Liberal
Nick
Ellie

EDIT: ooops! I only tagged 5 people! I broke the rules, then. [snicker... ducking and running] Sorry about that! RobertG, I would tag you but I didn't know if you wanted to reactivate your blog.

10 comments:

BBC said...

So ya tagged me did ya? Well......

I'll make ya proud of me. LOL

FreakyNick said...

EEEEEEPPPPPP! You Tagged me! ;-0

uh, there's nothing weird about me.

Those voices in my head are laughing at me now for saying that, I just hope they help out on this post, it feels like an "assignment", memories of school, pressure, stress, ahhhhhhh

Maybe I'll be more creative, uh I mean verbose, in the morning. Need some sleep and a good dose of caffiene for this homework. ;-)

Cute socks, blue!

Michael Bains said...

Sometimes I just freak myself out.

Right? {-;

Jeeesh! I'm gonna hafta sleep on this. I did just give ex #2 a pair of thick socks I'd only worn once. But I don't think that's that weird since they're more her kinda sock than mine anyhow.

It's still beyond my mental recovery level from the weekend.

Are those your subheadings Blueberry? If you let me use them, my tag won't sting so much. :D

Blueberry said...

MB: Those are my subheadings, but feel free to use them. Go crazy folks (as Jack Buck used to say).

Nava said...

I fully identify with your unnamed phobia, especially the watery part of it.
We were given the land - why get all greedy and take over the water too?

You are not alone.

And: very, VERY cool socks!
Looking forward to see the penguin ones.

Anonymous said...

Blueberry, you are exactly the way I thought you would be. So much fun!!! And I do love those socks, girl.
Oh, stop by my new blog. I have a surprise for you.

Ellie said...

I shall take my usual long time to ponder the best of the weird things about me. But then it is Wednesday already and I usually update my blog on Wednesdays.

Anonymous said...

I had a coworker who raced motorcycles on the weekend. Another coworker commented that his idea of leisure activity would never include having an ambulance on standby.

Like you, Blueberry, my wife does not like fancy or expensive gifts. One Christmas, the first time she met my entire family, I gave her a cooking pot. She was really excited, and my mother was very puzzled.

Michael Bains said...

Oy! I am slackin'. I know it. I just... I don't know. I think I'm actually focusing on what's not so weird 'bout me, lately.

Is it weird that I haven't felt like posting anything lately?

Can a have a Forbearance on this one? 'Til I get my weird thang goin' again?

Blueberry said...

MB: Soytenly! I grant one "Get Untagged Free" card to be used anytime.