Friday, August 15, 2008

Austin music Friday

Went to see Paula Nelson at Central Market. It is such a hoot to go there. The kids always dance and they are absolutely adorable and hilarious, watch the video below. There's a kid that I see there a lot, and he has one speed - fast. The kids are also fascinated with the tip jar, that bucket of money that's sitting there. Paula is such a sweet lady, and her band is great. Central Market is like a picnic. You get your food in the market and bring out on the patio. We usually plow through a bottle of red wine, a baguette, and some various snacks and dips. We told her we hadn't met her dad yet (getting an autograph from the stage at SXSW a few years back doesn't count as meeting), and I hope we get to do that someday. Who doesn't love Willie?

Bobby Whitlock and his wife and bandmate, Coco Carmel were there to see Paula before their show at the Saxon (Lone Star State of Mind, which is broadcast live on KGSR radio and streams online). Coco remembered me from the fan drive this summer (I am always surprised and amazed when someone remembers me, especially when they see so many faces), so they were sitting near us and chatting. It's very surreal to be sitting there chatting with the Whitlocks on a grocery store patio, especially since I was (and still am) a HUGE fan of Bobby's bands, Delaney & Bonnie and Derek & The Dominos with Eric Clapton. That's just Austin. You will bump into folks.

We have decided to pass on Grupo Fantasma tonight and stay in. It's cheaper, cooler, and more restful. Spin that cocoon.

Tags: - - -

4 comments:

Mariamariacuchita said...

I used to see Delaney and Bonnie and Friends out at the Kerrville folk festival, if memory serves.

Blueberry said...

Ahh. What decade? I didn't live here back then. I dearly love Miss Bonnie Bramlett and she is still singing but doesn't seem to tour much. She was here for SXSW this year, but I was not wristbanded, and she played no day shows that I'm aware of.

Ellie said...

I remember their music from my younger days and then forgot about them as the years went by. Only when I read EC's autobiography did I go back looking for some of their music. Thank's for finding the old video.

Black Min said...

Hello friends
Do you want your mobile phone to have the best quality ringtone? I will introduce you to the most popular ringtones here. Ringtones are attractive. Unique ringtone. Hot Ringtones. I will give you 5 most popular ringtones in 2018, for your reference and installation below:

dil diyan gallan ringtones
Ipl ringtones
Swag Se Swagat ringtones
Sai Baba ringtones
aashiqui 2 ringtones

Hope my ringtone will please you. Visit my homepage to find the best ringtone here: https://bestringtonesfree.net/

Share with the people to get the best free ringtones and quality. Hope my new update brings a new look to the ringtone world. Thank you for your attention.