Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bells on Bob's Sled Ring

They make the sound "cha-ching"

Really, Bob?

OK, first of all, he is donating the cha-ching he makes off this record to charity. That’s a good thing, and it makes me feel a little guilty saying this, but Bob Dylan’s Christmas album is bound to make you laugh out loud – numerous times. What I can’t determine is whether it’s intentionally funny or what. Hear for yourself… the 30sec clips are posted on amazon.com (and amazon.co.uk), but I’m not promoting buying through amazon.com at all! I am boycotting them until they stop selling promotional and instructional materials for dog fighting and cockfighting. Those greedy bastards need to grow a heart and learn to live with being a teensy bit less rich. Here’s the charity page link.

Back on topic now…

So what do you think? Is Bob having some fun with us? Attempting to record something in every genre? Do you like it? Greatest thing ever?

5 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I'm waaaaaaay over Bob Dylan. Honestly, he should have retired from performing years ago.

Blueberry said...

I hear you, Dr.Monkey. I was (and still am) a fan of the sixties Dylan, and maybe a few years beyond. Have to say... that's it though. JMHO.

AArdvarker said...

Hmmmpfh. Is he having problems with the IRS and in need of some quick cash? that's...just...crazy music for him to do.... sappy, schlocky, call it whatever, but not a shred of creativity.

Blueberry said...

I'm wondering if it's not some contractual recording requirement to churn out something - anything. And this thing will sell like hotcakes, even as a gag gift.

yellowdoggranny said...

maybe I'd be impressed if he donated all the money he made off the songs he stole from Joan Baez..
my ears started to bleed after the 3rd song...holy shit..that was just awful..