Saturday, October 21, 2006

Exile in Zilker Park

Tomorrow is the big day for the Rolling Stones' Bigger Bang tour stop in Austin! I am pretty excited, really. Yesterday we went over to Zilker Park to see the progress they were making on the stage construction. Above is the rather boring picture of it taken from the back. Tomorrow it will be transformed into the monster you see below, taken somewhere last year. (click to enlarge)

Wow! Set the park on fire!!
I will be away from the computer all day tomorrow, sitting in line like a nut. Oh well. It IS the Rolling Stones... AND it's general admission. There will be a couple of after-shows (at Antone's and the Continental Club) that are likely to have one or more of the visiting royalty in attendance, but for me those will not happen - they will be overcrowded, too $$$ or both. Ian McLagan will be opening, which I am tickled about. Los Lonely Boys are also opening. I wish it was just Mac and not Los Boys, actually.

My jobs are going to be hitting me pretty hard for a couple of weeks, so I will post as often as I can, but probably not as much as I'd like.

- - - - -

3 comments:

Undeniable Liberal said...

Have a great time, bb. Standing in line all day should be interesting, hope you bring back a story, with pics.

BBC said...

I've never been to a big concert, it's a bunch of show over not much of nothing, to me anyway. Do they protest all these wars? Help feed starving people? They must have plenty of money, but isn't all that hard on the planet?

Bah, I'm hiking to the hot springs today where it is peaceful. Have a fun day though.

BBC said...

Umm.... I did go sing Karaoke with friends last night, that was fun.