Monday, October 30, 2006

Violent vegetables

Wow, there are some really creative things over at Extreme Pumpkins! Here are the winners of last year’s contest (and you’re seeing one of them here). Some of them are rather graphic and gross (...even though it’s not really brains, it’s cauliflower)

I gave up on that pumpkin carving business. Mainly because it’s HARD! Hell, it’s hard enough just cooking pumpkin from scratch. I tend to hurt myself when I’m around sharps these days. I was moving a garden block yesterday, brushed my hand against a prickly pear cactus and got it covered in little needles, including one that managed to go in a vein and break off, creating a big blue spot on the back of my hand. Well, it’s nearly Halloween and bruisey-looking stuff will fit right in. Good grief!

Anyway, back to the pumpkins. There’s a contest for next year too, so if you’ve got a great one at your house, submit the bugger! (Look for the link on the sidebar on the above link.)

- -

2 comments:

FreakyNick said...

Wow, that is very creative, clever and haunting pumpkin carving. I perused the other pumpkins also, very nice. Thanks for the link.

Michael Bains said...

It's not a Jack'O'Lantern, but this Blue Girl post really looks like somthing I think you might like.

One of these days, I totally intend to try it myself.

Happy Halloween!

(and watch out for those ghoulish cacti! They're sneaky li'l buggers, eh. :( lol!)