Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Johnny Cash Action Figure

The other JC being celebrated this season! I have still not seen Walk the Line, it was sold out when we tried to go, but definitely planning on seeing it. I grew up with his music, he was one of those rare artists that both my parents liked. Like that quote from The Blues Brothers movie about what kind of music they had at Bob's Country Bunker: "Both kinds! Country AND Western." My mother liked the more folksy stuff, western and Bluegrass: Jimmie Rodgers, Bill Monroe, Marty Robbins, Carter Family. My dad liked Honky-Tonk: Ray Price, Patsy Cline, Lefty Frizzell. But Johnny Cash suited them both, and I was always a fan as well. He was one-of-a-kind.

Get yours here. If you are in Austin, you can get one at Waterloo Records.

- - - -

No comments: