Friday, November 25, 2005

What would Elrond watch?


One of my favorite peeves, weather forecasters, were blissfully wrong about the weather today. It was supposed to be in the 60s with rain for the next couple of days, instead today it is about 80 by our thermometers and mostly sunny. (We do really need rain, so I hope it does show up tomorrow or later today.) This is a day that would not be out of place in Rivendell, even without the influence of Vilya, Elrond's Ring of Power. We don't get spectacular autumn colors like some places do (and I'm sure there's no cactus in Rivendell), but we are at our maximum Fall colors now with a few leaves still drifting down.

Most of the color comes from fall flower blooms and butterflies -- we are being invaded by butterflies now and they seem to love this yard. The mosquitoes froze a couple of weeks ago but there are still plenty of buzzing bees everywhere along with the butterflies. I'm not so good at identifying some of these, they're either Monarchs, Queens, or Viceroys, see What's that bug?

This one I know is a Red Admiral.

In spite of the great weather, we are watching lots of movies and videos. Recent movie list: Good Night, And Good Luck. (the best of the lot), Harry Potter & Goblet of Fire (pretty good but none of the movies come anywhere close to being as good as the books, and I have casting peeves with the HP movies), Ringers -- Lord of the Fans, and Alien Resurrection. Still in the stack, a re-viewing of the absolutely delightful Big Fish, and my new purchased Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I am really psyched over King Kong! Saw another new trailer for it yesterday. Syriana looks good. Narnia gets a shrug. We will see it on the big screen for the best visuals. Not overly excited over it except that it was done with Weta over in New Zealand. I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and got rid of my Chronicles of Narnia book. Did not care for it, but will give the movie a chance.

- - -

No comments: